USB theft can become a problem not only for a user, for a whole organization. USB ports, as well as other ports that allow one to connect a removable storage device, can serve as a possible way to steal confidential information. A user with a removable drive can connect the device to the computer and copy important information to it. There is also a risk of infecting the computer and the entire network with malicious files.
StopUSB has all features necessary to stop USB theft. After you install StopUSB on the computer, no user will be able to connect a removable storage device to it. The program blocks connections to USB thumb drives, portable hard drives, MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras, mobile phones. One of the features of StopUSB is that the administrator can protect connection of removable devices with a password. Each time the user connects a device to the computer, he will be asked to enter the password set by the administrator.
With StopUSB, you can solve problems with connecting removable storage devices and stop USB theft whenever it is necessary.
StopUSB allows you to log events. All operations with removable drives, as well as with files on these removable drives can be logged. This allows one to monitor the drives connected to the computer and the files copied to/from it.
How to stop USB theft:
- Download and run the file StopUSB.exe
- Follow the installation instructions.
- After you install the program, removable storage devices are blocked, and protection is enabled.
You can change the program settings and protect portable device connections with a password:
- Start StopUSB.
- Open General Settings.
- Click Set Password to specify the password.
- Enable the Ask this password for unknown removable storage devices option.
Note: to prevent user from changing the settings, the program requires entering the password on start as well.
You can make certain devices trusted, so that the program does not block them. To make custom devices trusted, add them to the whitelist:
- Start StopUSB.
- Click Device Whitelist.
- Click Add New to select a device.
- Select a device from the list. If the device is not on the list, connect it and then click the Update button.
- Click the Add to Whitelist button.
- The selected device should appear in the list of trusted devices.
StopUSB can be administered remotely and installed silently. You can enable total protection and stop USB theft on all of the computers on the network.
How to Purchase StopUSB