Disabling USB ports is an effective way to prevent confidential information from being stolen and to protect the computer against undesirable files that can be copied from the device connected to a USB port. StopUSB allows you to disable USB ports for potentially dangerous devices and protect the computer against threats related to unknown connected devices.
However, sometimes it is not enough to just disable USB port. USB ports are extensively used to connect all kinds of devices to the computer. Such devices as a keyboard, a mouse, a printer, etc. should continue to operate. You should make it possible for the user to use these devices.
StopUSB allows you to disable USB ports for certain devices only. Connections will be disabled for potentially dangerous devices, but at the same time they will remain being enabled for safe devices.
In addition, StopUSB allows you to create your own list of devices USB ports should be enabled for. The password-protected device connection allows authorized users use removable storage devices without a problem.
How to disable USB ports:
- Download StopUSB from http://www.everstrike.com/
- Install StopUSB on your PC.
- USB ports will be disabled for undesirable devices after the installation.
- Start StopUSB.
- Click General Settings.
- Enable the Ask this password for unknown removable storage devices option to protect device connection with a password.
- Click the Set Password button to specify the password.
How to create the whitelist of devices:
- Start StopUSB.
- Click Device Whitelist.
- Click the Add New button.
- Connect the device if it is not connected yet.
- Select the device in the list and click Add to Whitelist.
StopUSB can be administered remotely and installed silently. One can enable total protection and disable USB ports of an entire network.
How to Purchase StopUSB