Lock Folder XP
Current Version: 3.9.2
Release Date: Mar 31, 2012
Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, 2008, 2003, XP and 2000
File Size: 3.20 MB
Lock Access to Files and Folders in a Click
With Lock Folder, you can hide files, folders and entire disk volumes from curious eye and block access from those persistent ones. Lock Folder will password-protect important information against accidental removal or modification. Accessible via a system tray icon or engaged with a hotkey, Lock Folder needs just a few clicks to lock or unlock access to sensitive information.
Prevent Unauthorized Access
Lock Folder serves dual purpose: it hides and protects designated files, folders or entire disk volumes from unauthorized access. Without knowing your Master Password, no one can see, read or write to locked folders or modify protected files.
Protect Important Information
Lock Folder not just prevents the public from accessing designated files and folders, but also protects them from unauthorized modification or accidental removal. The protection is effective for all local and network users, defending your information from unauthorized users and Internet attacks at the same time.
Effective Parental Control
The protection feature is invaluable if you have a little one in your family. A few energetic mouse swipes or keyboard taps could cause irreparable damage to your documents and other valuable data. Not with Lock Folder! The tool will effectively protect your data from accidental removal or modification no matter how curious your kids are.
Protect Your Desktop Icons
Your desktop icons are the first to suffer when your kids start toying with your PC. Lock Folder can lock your desktop against accidental and unauthorized modifications – no one will move or delete a single icon without knowing your Master Password!
Reliable Virus Protection
While not an anti-virus per se, Lock Folder will effectively protect sensitive information from viruses and Trojans. Any locks you place on files, folders and disk volumes will prevent any program, including Trojans and viruses, from being able to read, write, damage or delete protected data.
Works on FAT and NTFS Volumes
With Windows itself, you can only restrict access to information stored on NTFS volumes. Lock Folder removes this limitation, extending file and folder protection to FAT and FAT32 disks, including removable drives and flash memory cards.
Features and Benefits
Lock Folder offers a number of benefits over Windows built-in file protection system.
- Ability to hide files, folders, or drives from all other users (including the administrator).
- Password protection for files, folders, and drives.
- Unlimited number of objects to protect.
- Access restrictions on your data against local network users as well as Internet users.
- Ability to lock your Windows desktop so that users cannot delete, add, or modify the shortcuts and icons on your desktop.
- Password-protected start of Lock Folder.
- Ability to managing program from tray.
- Windows Explorer commands for instant folder hiding.
- Automatic protection activation after a set idle time.
- High-level protection.
- High performance rates.
- Multilingual interface.
- Support of FAT, FAT32, and NTFS systems.
Upon registering, you will have an opportunity to:
- Use the program for more than 15 days.
- Remove the nag screen and enable all features of the product.
- Get unlimited Technical Support during 12 months.
- Free updates for one year and steep discounts for upgrades for future versions after the one-year period expires.
Price: $24.95 USD
All information will be encrypted before transmission to prevent possible interception by a third party. Your transmissions while in this area are absolutely secure and private.
If you have questions regarding the purchase of our products, please contact us.